A new website – ESOCAN – is now available (https://esocan.org). It focuses on providing information on the epidemiology and prevention of esophageal adenocarcinoma (EAC) which is potentially useful to the general public and health care providers.
Specifically, it’s pages address:
- Background describes the basic epidemiology of esophageal cancer
- Risk factors summarizes what is known about possible causes of EAC and opportunities for prevention
- What’s your risk? introduces the IC-RISC™risk calculator which estimates an individual’s risk of developing EAC
- What’s new? highlights new findings regarding the prevention and control of EAC
- About includes contact, disclaimer and privacy information
- Additional resources provides links to other resources regarding esophageal cancer
Suggestions for additions and improvements welcome. Contact Dr. Thomas Vaughan.